With the transition to v2 coming along nicely, the team has been re-writing the token logic and have also begun testing the contract on the test network. While that is going on - we are still continuing work on the dApp as always.
- Although we don't have a release date quite yet, the team is now all hands on deck for finishing the web app and connecting it to the new smart contract (token).
- Expect a release date on V2 from us closer to the last week of October.
Application Update // User Interface
We've swapped to Figma!
Figma is a design application, web based, that allows a more collaborative designer/developer handoff through a bunch of useful features.
Why is this switch important?
As most of us are currently working remotely, intuitive collaborative workflows are super crucial. The initial design mockups and prototypes were built in Adobe XD, and this program has provided some small but rather annoying limitations. Figma is way ahead of the curve as far as features and useful implementations/tools, and we believe this switch will allow us to work faster.. more efficiently.. more seamlessly.
What does this mean for the app progress?
The app progress is still continuing as normal. We'll simply be re-building the existing version inside of Figma, that will be used for a "v2" user interface update down the road. It will also be used for future modules and any other user interface projects related to Encountr.
When can we get our hands on it? Can we see updates on the UI?
Kev will be showing off the new user interface within the next few weeks. Once the front-end, back-end connections are finalized, we're going to do rounds of internal testing within the team & we think it'll be a good idea to grab some of you guys into these testing rounds as well. Details on this TBD.
Marketing & General Updates
We know everyone is super excited and anxiously waiting for the new token launch. There are still a few things that need to be put into order before we're ready to start marketing the pre-sale and beyond.
Firstly, we are incorporating as an official company. Our vision for Encountr is rather expansive, and we don't want to just stop with the dEsports app. Forming as an official company allows us to better present ourselves to the public eye, and is also necessary considering that our first module contains peer-to-peer wagering, a rather "new" form of gambling, if you will. Our concise goal is to create a healthy ecosystem full of useful technology and solutions; Encountr is just the first step of many.
Our documents are submitted, and we're awaiting finalization. Once we incorporate, the team will be revealed & doxxed.
The second initiator for marketing is the internal testing. I (Kev) made it super adamant to the rest of the team that marketing should only begin once we have thoroughly stress tested the application to prepare it for launch. Since we want to deploy the application directly after pre-sale ends, launching with that kind of hype alongside an app that doesn't function correctly could kill some initial interest.
We're planning on kicking off marketing directly following the close of our internal app tests.
Marketing to expect for pre-launch & post
- Marketing launchpad (Still TBD, update next week)
- 1 large video advertisement promotion with YouTube creator
- Listing/exchange advertisement spots (think about the display banners)
- Crypto-related subreddit posts
- Social media giveaway (Computer Hardware, GPU [levels up based on tiers of engagement]
Tasks completed this week:
- Continued API Connections for Encountr App
- Re-styling and design tweaks for various components
- Home Page re-design (Landing page when app first loads!)
- Matches Flow
Focus for next week:
- Connecting v2-ECNTR token smart contract to Encountr App
- Continuing to hook up front-end to back-end via API integration
- This is one of the larger tasks since development start. It's internally split up into lots of smaller sub tasks, and benchmarks will continue to be provided until completion.
This is a bit of a shorter developer update, but we're working on a ton of things currently that will wrap up before you know it. As always, any questions or concerns can and should be brought up in our main Telegram.